Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) headaches may feel similar to the tension headache, as the mucles of the head, neck and jaw contract.
Additional symptoms, however, may be associated with TMJ problems such as:
• Jaw popping, clicking or grating sounds when opening and closing the mouth
• Pains and dull aching of the face and facial muscles
• Discomfort or difficulty when chewing or biting.
• Biting or chewing difficulty or discomfort
• Painful jaw – or jaw tenderness
• Reduction in jaw range – or inability to widely open or easily close the mouth.
Whatever the symptoms and causes of your own TMJ and headaches, Dr. Fallah is specially trained in dealing with TMJ and all of its ramifications. He uses state-of-the art procedures and equipment to measure and analyze your unique situation. Call today and find immediate relief.
- San Diego headache